Wednesday 23 October 2013

This Wall. These Walls

This wall. These walls.
Not this wall but that wall,
closing me in
on this and that side
like water in a mug.

This wall. These walls!
With heights,hedges and holds
clasping my feet and feats
in shackles sharp and sure - with utter surety

These walls not of sand but of dusts.
Not of water but of blood.
Not of straws but of veins, flesh, valves and vessels.
This wall, these walls,
Not made with hands but with a band!

These walls I must take to take to the bricklayer
For he built this wall,and these walls!

These walls, my fear.
Myriads and myriads, cast in concrete casings
Fear that I may try and try might I that fear.

This wall, my body.
I will speak to this wall
I will tramp this wall and squash this wall as I speak to this wall!
I will take the tube and not fear you wall!
I will tell her how I feel and not fear you wall!

This wall am standing faced unfazed
Here is a hole! A hole to lift me!.
Here is a  edge! A edge to hold!
Here is a hand! A hand to strap my waist! 
Ha ha,walls, walls everywhere with no bases.
I triumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading and do not forget to drop your comment(s) here. Thanks

Bliss

Bliss
Expressing