Saturday 29 August 2015

Poem - I Didn't Forget

I didn’t forget
I couldn’t get myself to.


I never started
I couldn’t bring myself to.


Sometimes I wish I could
Most times I wish I didn’t even try


To try…? To try….?
I’ll have to change my heart.


It didn’t stop loving you,
How hard I worked at that.


I throw someone else at it,
It just would not shift ground.


I’d lurch anyone its way; a choke hold,
Like a boomerang, It’ll land back at your corner; target reversed.


Am beginning to think you took it with you
And left me a replica to thinker.


Your laughter staggers round my ear
Your touch makes my skin skid skillfully


Like the path the sun trails everyday to the west
My heart settles on you in every way.


I didn’t do you any wrong
You wronged me neither.


I didn’t forget your kiss,
How could I, when it was shared.


I didn’t forget
Because I couldn’t get myself to.

1 comment:

  1. I really like it. Especially how you compare love to a boomerang, when thrown, it only returns. Well written my brother. Anthony Walker

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading and do not forget to drop your comment(s) here. Thanks

Bliss

Bliss
Expressing